- This event has passed.
2018 Scouting for Food
April 1, 2018 @ 4:00 am - April 30, 2018 @ 1:00 pm
April 1 – April 30
Scouting for Food is the Boy Scouts of America-Laurel Highlands Council’s annual food drive, the largest of the spring season. Scouts collect food in their neighborhoods and many conscientious corporations participate by collecting food or hosting a Virtual Food Drive. This region-wide drive helps the Food Bank and hundreds of families get the food they need.
Not sure what you should donate? Some of the most highly needed items are:
- Non-perishable food items
- Canned protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)
- Soups & stews (beef stew, chili, meat-based soups)
- 100% fruit juices (all sizes)
- Grains (pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, brown rice, boxed macaroni & cheese)
- Cereals (multi grain, low sugar such as cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, grape nuts, oatmeal)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits
- Hygiene products (diapers, toilet paper, tissues, soap, toothpaste)
Stay tuned for information on how to contribute to the 2018 virtual drive!